WoW Collective

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A RP board for those interested in a literate and engaging story based on Blizzards hit MMO World of Warcraft.

2 posters

Summer in Orgrimmar

Elsie
    Elsie

Summer in Orgrimmar Empty Summer in Orgrimmar

Post  Elsie Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:04 pm

The dry air in Orgrimmar was stagnant today. At least more than usual. Seemed like the heat was keeping everyone indoors these days. The buzz and clatter of people running from the bank to the auction seemed less chattery than usual. Then ringing out like a battle cry through the halls of the cleft of shadow came…

“OH MY GOSH!!! I LOVE IT!!!”

In a small dressmaker’s shop, a slight troll girl was jumping up and down in front of a silk dress being held up by an Orc woman, startling other customers. Her purple hair bounced perfectly up and down off her shoulders. Oddly, there were really no traces of the typical tribal accent when she spoke.

“Looook! The colour looks so good on me! Is it spider’s silk?! Must be exPENSIVE!” The dress was, indeed flawless. The silvery silk shimmered in the reddish daylight. A plunging neckline with a long sash that tied in the back. The girl spun once or twice with it, watching it flow around her knees. The Orc woman stood there, seemingly bored. The troll girl headed for the door.

“Yur Daddy pick up tab for dis, Elsie?”
    Elsie turned to look back at the woman, a large grin pulled at the sides of her mouth. “Daddy always pays…” And with that, she headed down towards the auction house. Maybe she could accessorize…
    Elsie
    Elsie

Summer in Orgrimmar Empty Re: Summer in Orgrimmar

Post  Elsie Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:22 pm

After a few more hours, and a few more trinkets, Elsie emerged from the auction house. She turned her head to peak through the flight tower towards the sun setting in the dust of Durotar. She furrowed her brow, trying to recall what time she said she’d be home… It wasn’t unlike Elsie to be late, but when she was the only one in the house, her mother tended to be… well… a bit more neurotic than usual. She started to drag her feet in the direction of home, looking through her bags for her hearthstone…

Damn, must have left it at home. Stupid! Stupid! At least she hasn’t noticed yet… I hope.
    Elsie had gotten no more than 5 steps down the quiet, shady halls of the Drag when a familiar noise approached. She cursed under her breath, squinting her eyes to see where it was coming from. Just ahead in the bend, a small form bounced towards her. Elsie let out a frustrated groan.

“I’m ON MY WAY… She didn’t have to send you!” She knew she had to be late if her mom sent out Bartholomew. She didn’t even like the thing. The mechanical squirrel stopped in Elsie path, chattering and creaking. What had at one point been at the pinnacle of her father’s (short) engineering career, was now a rusted artifact. Parts had been replaced time and time again, but with Zeno being gone for long periods now- it had once again fallen into disrepair and corrosion. It stared up at her through red lit eyes as she passed, then followed in her foot steps as she trekked on.

Walking on for another 15 minutes she slowly rounded the corner. Just up that hill was home. She stopped momentarily to regather herself, the squirrel slammed into the back of her.
    “OWWWWUH!” She said angrily, realizing only a moment later it might have been a bit too loud… She winced, knowing what was coming.

“ELEANOR SUL’IYA THEADORATAI’JUI!!!”

She could have sworn the damn squirrel laughed at her as he ran up the hill.
    Elsie
    Elsie

Post  Elsie Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:59 pm

Elsie was into her last few steps before being able to see the threshold of her family’s home. Her mother’s aptly named dreadsteed, Horse, snorted and hooved at the ground at the ruckus. Its armour was sun worn and lackluster speaking of battles past. Even the damn horse knew how pissed Juniper was. (and seemed like he was trying to get away)

Elsie put on her best care-free smile and summoned her courage. One foot after the other, she stood in front of the house. She stopped dead in her tracks as the doorway became visible. She wasn’t there. …This is a lot worse than she was expecting. Images of abandonment, torture, and painful death seemed more desirable than what lay ahead.

She put her hand on the doorway, turning to peek into the dark house.
    “I’m home…” She squinted her eyes, stepping inside.
    “One….hour….you said.” Elsie’s head snapped to the window. Juniper sat there, in an old beat up wooden chair with a woven seat. Her knees in her lap, she was looking out the window. It was a place she reserved for her most lonely worried moments. Usually when Zeno was traveling home, or when she hadn’t heard from Tul’xil in a while.
    “Yeah, but MOM!” Elsie pleaded, scrounging for an excuse. Juniper’s head snapped up, her eyes dark.
    “Oh no… Don’t even try to make excuses. You have a pocketwatch and a hearthstone. You should have used them.”
    Elsie sighed. “Wulll I left my hearthstone in my room…” Juniper’s hands flew up in the air. Elsie flinched, having seen her mother’s rain of fire before. Juniper turned back to the window, shaking her head. Staring for a moment, she then turned back, eyes with tears.
    “Do you think it’s easy? I’m all alone here with your father in the North and I haven’t heard from either of your brothers in nearly a WEEK!”
    Guilt washed over Elsie, she ground her toe into the floor, averting her eyes. Juniper wiped bitterly at her face, she hated crying. She hugged her knees closer to her chest.
    “I don’t even know what continent Tai is on… What if… what if he-” Her voice broke, lip quivering momentarily before she buried her face in her knees.

Elsie took a few swift steps across the floor to her mother. She wrapped her arms around Junipers small shaking form.
    “Don’t cry mom! I’m sorry I was late.. I just got carried away.” She leaned her cheek on the top of Juniper’s head for a moment. Kneeling beside her, she looked up into her mother’s face. “Don’t worry, everyone’s fine. They’re all strong and when they get a chance, you’ll hear from them.” Juniper sniffled, nodding and trying to hold back sobs. Elsie searched for a distraction.
    “wanna see what I got today?” Elsie said with a genuine smile. Juniper laughed, wiping the last tears from her face.
    “You mean you don’t like the dress I made you?” They both looked over to the lump of fabric in the trash. They both laughed.
    Elsie
    Elsie

Post  Elsie Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:24 pm

“Moddah?” A familiar voice rang out from the kitchen table. A small stone, now glowing was the apparent source. Juniper flailed her arms. “GET IT!” Elsie rushed to the stone, grabbing it eagerly with both hands.
    “TAAAAAI?!”
    -------------------------------------

Elsie rushed into her room, grabbing wildly at clothing and various necessities.
    Juniper walked in, leaning in the doorway.
    “Take something warm, the breeze off the ocean is a lot cooler there. AND a hat! Don’t get sunburned. You’re not-“
    “I know mommmm! I know.”
    Grabbing her suitcase, she ran out of her bedroom and through the front door. Juniper trailed behind her. In a few moments, they were outside of Orgrimmar and headed up the ramp of the Zeppelin tower.
    “How much longer?” Juniper asked the goblin at the tower.
    “About 15 minutes, miss!”
    Elsie squealed with excitement, bouncing up and down. She couldn’t believe she was going to STV!!!
    Thalarion
    Thalarion

Post  Thalarion Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:47 am

Thalarion Blodrick stood on the zepplin tower. He stood tall and his posture was rigid. He was in a heavy wool coat that looked like he was sewn into it and held a silk handkerchief in his left hand. He had it up to his face as if it would protect him from the filth he perceived was in the air. Thick beads of sweat rolled down his forehead and he blotted at them periodically. "Miserable excuse of a land" He muttered under his breathe. "You would think with so many species mingling there would be more contamination and sickness. Embarrassing. Don't you agree?" Standing next to him was a miserable looking Succubus. At first glance she would seem an ordinary sight standing next to a warlock, but if you looked a bit closer you would notice her mouth was sewn shut and was missing a horn. He used his staff and prodded her as if to get a response. He shook his glance and looked away with strained eyes to see if he could see the zepplin on the horizon. It wasn't. "Marvelous" he said with a slight raise in his right brow.

He could of asked the goblin but he didn't feel like wasting his words to such a piece of filth. " Miss, pardon me" He was motioning towards a female troll with purple hair. Honestly he choose her because she was the most bathed and well dressed on the tower. " Excuse me?" She seemed distracted. He gave a swift thwart with his cane at Sarona his succubus and a small nod at the direction of the Troll. She walked over to the Troll and tugged on her shirt and laboriously lifted her arm to point at Thalarion.
    Elsie
    Elsie

Post  Elsie Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:20 am

Elsie had been imagining sun soaked beaches and deliciously fit troll and blood elf men as her mother went on and on about the dangers of the jungles. She held onto her wide brimmed hat as a wind picked up. It blew some curls into her face.
    Whatever, she thought to herself. I’m part Darkspear- I’ll look like a native… I even speak the language!
    A tugging on her midriff white shirt caught her attention. Looking behind her, she did a double take of the succubus; she jumped a little, startled at her appearance. Juniper leaned around her to see what caused the jump, she too was taken aback.
    “Sweet mother of Vol’jin!” Juniper recoiled from the succubus, leaning further to follow her pointed finger. Elsie just blinked a moment before responding.
    “Pardon…?”
    Thalarion
    Thalarion

Post  Thalarion Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:25 am

"Yes, Afternoon Madam" he said through clearing his throat. " I am awaiting the Zepplin. Are you aware of its operating schedule?" A gust of wind caught his handkerchief ripping it from his fingers " Blasted devil gusts!" he grabbed for it and missed. It fluttered off the tower to the desert floor below. "Sarona retrieve that damned cloth for me!" He said overbearingly.

He looked at the troll as if he was caught stealing a cookie in the middle of the night. He stood, adjusted his jacket, smoothed back his long hair, he had regained his composure. "Please forgive me. That is a prized possession of mine. It was from a friend. So yes, the schedule?"
    Elsie
    Elsie

Post  Elsie Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:41 am

Elsie and her mother stared at the man.
    “Should be here any minute… You going to Grom’gol, Sir?” Elsie inquired. Juniper peeked out from behind her daughter, casting a wary gaze. Elsie looked the man up and down. “You know it’s pretty hot there. You might want to ditch the funeral garb…”
    Juniper poked Elsie in the ribs, for rudeness. There was something about this lock that rubbed her the wrong way. Juniper had been a warlock for… well a long-ass time and this guy wasn’t one of the typical academy graduates Silvermoon was turning out these days. She took her daughter by the wrist, suddenly uneasy about her Zeppelin trip JUST as it was appearing on the horizon….
    Thalarion
    Thalarion

Post  Thalarion Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:01 am

He was not agitated that he choose these two to talk to but tried to hide it. "Why yes, My final destination for this leg of the trip is Grom'gol then I have to depart for prior engagements." he tightened his neck collar "I wouldn't wear anything less. People have lost respect for there wardrobe in the claim of comfort." he eyed the trolls apparent freedom of clothing choice. " Though I would make a exception in your case my dear, you look utterly bewildering" He said through a plastic smile that ended before it began.

He followed the gaze of the small dead face that suddenly appeared from behind the troll woman and turned to see the distant shape of a zepplin. He turned back to look at the undead woman his eyes a bit ablaze. "Ohh, I have forgot to introduce myself, Lord Thalarion Blodrick of the third order" he said Proudly and dryly as he pulled his cane to his chest and tipped his head" Who do i have the pleasure of speaking with today?
    Elsie
    Elsie

Post  Elsie Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:16 am

Elsie ate up the compliment, smiling and batting her eyelashes. Juniper muttered “third order of bullshit…” Elsie turned sideways towards her mother a little, not taking her eyes from the Elf. She gave a fake laugh, hoping to cover that comment up. Juniper did not introduce herself, but took a defensive step backwards, eyes narrowing.
    “Ohhhkay” Elsie shook her head at her mother’s rudeness. “ I’m Eleanor Sul’iya Theadora Tai’jui.”

“The Zeppelin has arrived from Stranglethorn Vale! All aboard!” The small goblin shouted as the zeppelin steered itself into the dock. As it made its mild crash into the wooden planking. A hurried group of wayward travelers made their way to the edge of the loading ramp, shoulder to shoulder ready to arrive into Durotar. It looked as though the departing company was significantly smaller, this being an evening departure.

Juniper took this time in the commotion to speak to her daughter. “CONTACT me as soon as you get there, understand?!”
    “I know, mom!” Elsie could scarcely make out her mom’s words over the clambering of orcs and Tauren like.
    Thalarion
    Thalarion

Post  Thalarion Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:40 am

Thalarion was used to the rude behavior of the undead. They where after all hollow shells damned to the earth. He valued the opinions of undead on the same level as a dog barking at passerby. He paid no heed."A pleasure Eleanor."

He went to grab for his cloth and realize Sarona was still fetching it. "Pardon me" he walked to the edge and spotted her walking slowly carrying it. "Damned beast." he lifted his hand and began manipulating his fingers and a small light began to build. He made a gentle tossing motion at the slow succubus and the light fell from his hand and hit right near her feet. It caused a startle and she fell over in a plume of dust. A patron running to grab the zepplin helped her up. Thalarion couldnt help but give a genuine smile, first one in weeks.

He turned to see the undead send off the troll. An odd occurrence indeed. He saw Eleanor board the zepplin.

Sarona finally caught up. She was weak and out of breath. She wearily handed him the piece of long fabric that didn't resemble a true handkerchief. He snatched it from her hand " About time, Hurry and grab the rest." A large pile of suitcases and chests on wheels where off to the right. "Its not going to move itself." He threw the fabric on the ground in front of her. "Grab that too while you are at it." He turned and his robes swirled behind him.

He had no interest in the troll, but he was curious to why she lived with a plague victim. He would find out, merely to pass time.
    Elsie
    Elsie

Post  Elsie Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:54 am

Juniper blew a kiss to her only daughter as she boarded the floating craft. She felt guilt stricken that she had yet to inform her husband. Was she doing the right thing? Is she still too young? She wrung her hands as the blood elf and his over burdened succubus followed suit. She hated seeing locks treat their fels like slaves. To each their own… but she’d remember his name if her daughter turned up missing. A smirk crossed her face. She’d love to see Zeno kick that pompous elf in the teeth….

Elsie handed her suitcase off to a goblin and ran to the back of the zep. She waved enthusiastically to Juniper as the propeller started to turn.
    BYEEEE!!! See you in a few days!” She shouted.
    Juniper yelled something back, but Elsie couldn’t hear. Instead of causing a problem, she smiled and nodded her head, waving all the while.

Sweet sweet freedom. Her mother’s silhouette was disappearing in the dust the zeppelin was kicking up. Elsie was curious about the tall blood elf she had seen before. He seemed interested enough in her, she flattered herself. Another fan, perhaps? She felt the sudden urge to seek him out again…
    Elsie
    Elsie

Post  Elsie Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:50 am

((Transcript from a chat conversation:))

Elsie took a deep breath as the zep floated over the shore. She walked along the wooden planks towards the heavily robed blood elf, hips swaying. "So..." She leaned on the railing "what takes you to ESS TEE VEE, Lord Blodrick?"
    Thalarion was standing like a statue wind whiping his hair behind him. "What brings me there? Buisness of sorts. The same call that brings any of us to our destiny. Isnt it about the travel rather than the destination ?"

Elsie sighed at his words. "Boy, is it..." She looked out at the horizon, trying to seem pensive.
    Putting his hand on the rail and gripping it rather tightly " So your undead woman. Why was she in your presence as you left on your journey?
    Elsie made a small face, obviously the moment ruined by her MOTHER. "You mean my mom? She's like... SO over protective. ugh. I'm practically a grown woman..." She tried to stand straighter at that.
    Trying to hide his expression of bewilderment at such a parental situation " Ohh yes, how they are, how they are. Setting out the young birds from the nest for the first time. Must weaken even the strongest of hearts." Even he was disgusted at his response.
    Elsie beamed at his obvious understanding and tenderness. she twirled a lock of hair between her fingers. "So what's the word from Silvermoon?" She leaned forward, trying to meet his gaze.
    "I haven't been there for quite some time. I have no business there. They are to busy with trivial pursuits and foolish endeavors to see the issues rotting the structure from under there very feet. I always choose neighboring towns to reside in. Less...interruptions from passerby's"
    "Solitude can be comforting. I hate living in such a big city, myself..."
    "Yes, where you live with an undead woman. How did such a paring happen?" he said with a bit more interest.

Elsie put her back to the rail, turning to look at him. "You don't know my mother?? Juniper Tai'Jui?" She kicked back her head a little, letting out a laugh. "You ARE out of the main cities... Haven't you heard of my dad? Zenosi? He's only like... HONOURED in Thrall's friggin army."

"I dont have much interest in the coming and goings of the war. I have not heard of her, Unless she was featured in the Blood Elf scrolls that pass through our peoples hands with honor, then im sorry. Might you enlighten me a bit on these honorings?
    Elsie tipped her head down, slightly in disbelief. "Ohmigosh... My dad is like... the best alchemist ever. He worked for Sylvanaas for like forever then she did some freaky mind control shit and he got out of that. They were totally a power couple back in the old wars... My dad's up in the North now. So's my older brother. They both do the war thing."
    "Ehmm, Sounds interesting. Mind control. I have dabbled in that. Bit of childs play if you ask me" As adjusted a collar button. "Sylvanas, that name hasnt eneterd my ear for years. She still running that pack of ghouls in the undercity?"
    "Yeah, far as I know... I've never been there."

"Disgusting place, think Oggrimar is dirty... Dont worry dear, you are better off without it." He turns mechanically " Have you ever ponderd the notion that your mother is not of the living... I heard sylvanas controls all of those kind, does her bidding...And to think you will outlive your very own mother" He says with a hollow ring to his voice.
    Elsie was uncharacteristically quiet. "My mother's living... She jus' died once. Maybe she won' out live me. I'm going to stranglethorn to help fight next to my brother."
    "Last time I heard, the Ancients only gave us one try at this life" He gave her a wink that was supposed to be reassuring. " A fight is what you seek? is this not the first time you have left your quarters?"

Elsie chose not to respond to the first part of his remark. There was nothing weird about having a human mother, right? Or was she? She had never really heard much about her original birthday... She knew Tuli was adopted, but there was no doubt she and Tai were not... Questions filled her mind.
    "Well yeah, but just because I haven't be OUT doesn't mean I don't know how to handle myself. I've done some training from some of the army's best."
    "Im sure your a fierce opponent little one.".. he looked her up and down.."Did you bring nothing for protection?"

Elsie's brow furrowed slightly at the down talk. "I've got my gear packed..."
    "Not gear" waiving dismissively "Trinkets of protection, counter curses, the more learned sort of supplies"
    "Oh... I'm not really into the spell casting... My brother's into witch doctor stuff though. Sometimes he makes me stuff but it smells, so I always throw it out."
    "Primitives" He sighed. "Just a moment" He slammed his staff two time quickly on the deck boards. The succubus emerged. "The wooden box with the Platnium enlays. Try not to smudge it" he tried to make it sound as if he was joking. She handed him the box. he pulled out a small velvet bag. Out slid a necklace that shone with a dull sheen yet glinted in the soft moonlight.
    "I have been carrying this for awhile. I have no need of it. Its yours if you would like to take it."

Elsie was never one to turn down a gift. Let alone a necklace. LET ALONE from some older blood elf... Her eyes widened. "What is it..." She moved closer to him.
    " Its a protective aura of sorts. Might give you a upperhand in physical conflicts against your foe" He held it out to her "You have to promise me to keep it on you at all times though...we would hate for it to be stolen by some beggar or gnome" His eyes lit up a bit, burning orange. "We are firends now, what good is it not to trust friends" he held out his hand again.
    Elsie pulled her hair up the back side of her neck and turned her back to him, looking over a shoulder. She leaned back, nearly pressing against him.
    His face deadened his eyes lit with victory. "This will be lovely" A small whimper was produced from the succubus, his head snapped to directly gaze into Sarona's eyes "Medivh!" ... he snapped the necklace shut..."Sarona wanted me to tell you that she honors the wearer of this necklace"
    Elsie closed her eyes and inhaled sharply as the cold stone touched her neck. She smiled as it snapped shut. She turned back to look at him, eyes full of adoration.
    "it matches your..(he hated calling the excuse for clothe she was wearing a proper shirt)..Wardrobe most excellently." He put the bag back into the box and handed it to Sarona to hold. " The conversation has been illuminating. I have no doubt you will fair well on the adventurous path that awaits you." He dipped a knee and raised his left arm behind him in a pseudo bow.

Elsie was a bit breathless. "Thank you, Sir." The commotion stirred amongst the goblins. A stout one above the cargo hold shouted "The Zeppelin will be arriving in Grom'gol in roughly 10 minutes. Please prepare for departure of the vessel!" Elsie looked back to the elf, "I hope we meet again Lord Blodrick..." she smiled her most alluring smile.
    "If the winds of our roads cross, then it shall be so. " He turned "Grab the things, we are moving." Sarona gave a sullen glance at Elsie. She grabbed the stuff and followed behind Thalarain. As he walked to the middle of the zepplin he turned and lifted his cane and tipped his head " Al diel shala"

The zeppelin made it’s way over the shallowing waters of Stranglethorn Vale the night sky reflected in the tides as they washed over the sand.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:10 pm