WoW Collective

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A RP board for those interested in a literate and engaging story based on Blizzards hit MMO World of Warcraft.

+5
Elsie
Tokad Beardbellows
Clementine
Deadlyte
Taizen
9 posters

Booty Bay (Stranglethorn)

Taizen
    Taizen

Booty Bay (Stranglethorn) - Page 2 Empty Re: Booty Bay (Stranglethorn)

Post  Taizen Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:09 pm

Taizen turned to watch the altercation going on next to him. And then he immediately lost interest. Taizen wasn't one to deal in business that isn't his own, or his families. He grabbed the port and took a long and satisfying swig of the drink. He closed his eyes as he put the port back down, enjoying the feeling of the fire that made its way down to his belly. After a moment he let out a small sigh and opened his eyes again, looking straight at the tender.

"I t'ink we can make a deal then. The Baron be wantin' heads anyway, an I be keen on gettin them. I will leave next mornin ya? Lookin for ya cargo. Just one question though, ya got any leads on where it might be?"

He stood up, grabbing his stick. It didn't seem like he planned on leaving, he simply feeling a little better on his feet.
    Clementine
    Clementine

Post  Clementine Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:35 pm

Clementine pointed a finger at the dwarf.
    “HEY! No keys unless you pay or bring me cargo.” She rolled her eyes, muttering under her breath as the Nelf and Dwarf had it out.

“No, I don’t. All I know is that their heading off my boat somewhere in the shallows. I hear they’ve got some sort of camp to the south, around the horn.” Clementine warily looked the troll up and down again as he stood, doubting his ability. “You can take Gear with you if you want…” At the mention of his name, Gear stuck his head out the kitchen door.
    “Miss?” He was wiping his hands on a white apron tied about his waist.
    “Yeah, I was just tellin’ Creepy over here that you’d go with him, should he need the…well.. muscle.”
    Gear walked out into the room and folded his arms across his chest.
    “I aim to get my Miss’ supplies… I’ll gladly accompany those who are also willing.” His voice was like thunder, poignant and matter of fact at the same time.
    Clementine walked over and patted Gear on the chest. She pointed to the ring of keys.

“Your room is number 2. Up the stairs. First one you see. Sign the guest log in the room. Take a key. LEAVE ME the other. There’s nothing that I hate more than having a dead patron and making Gear knock down the door.” She shook her head, remembering something vivid, by the looks of it.
    “I’m sure you can find it… I’ll bring up some clean linens in a few.”
    She turned to the other men, as they talked.
    "EY! Any one else??!"
    Tokad Beardbellows
    Tokad Beardbellows

Post  Tokad Beardbellows Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:47 pm

Tokads hand slowly dropped as he listened to the night elfs tale. He then was startled by the bar maids loud response and made an audible "Uyck!" Almost falling off his stool."A moment if you please miss..." He turned to the Night elf with a grin that sort of looked painful " You wouldn't say lad, showz you folks the generosity and hospitality of dwarves! Taken in a savage race ontop of that" He slapped his knee "Hah! Give this ere fellow a piynt on me." He pulled out his pipe and fiddled for his Shore Wind pipe weed from a crusted leather pouch on his belt "So tell me lad, what word of Iron forge do ye carry with you? Is the Double Axe bakery still mayking those wonderful Brumble berry biscuits?" he began to puff his pipe in a sort of reminiscent glaze over his face. He was broken out of his trance when the voice of the maiden interrupted his thoughts...

"Would ye mind If I just paid for my room with close to honest coin? I...I.. have been traviln seas for many moon" he looked up quickly and broke eye contact pretending to be occupied with his pipe and waiting for a response from the Night elf.

Last edited by Tokad Beardbellows on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Deadlyte
    Deadlyte

Post  Deadlyte Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:19 pm

Dinendal sighed a bit when asked for info of his home town. "Aye, Ironforge is prosperin' more 'en ever! Na' been there in a long while though" He remarked, starting longingly off. "The axe still be there, still makin' those delightful pastries. I've not been in many a moon though."

Of course one would expect his unwilling devotion of the moon to come into play here and there. He wasn't born of the earth the way the Dwarven people believed they were, though at times he longed to have been. He grinned at the dwarf. "Me heart longs to go home one day. But the Northern lands have had me tied up and..I'm lookin to be goin' home after I help the lass."

He smiled toward Clem for a moment then pulled out a bag of gold from his armor. The gold was lain on the counter, he watched it quietly. "For everyones rooms, and for repairs and stuff the bar needs. I'd hate to see this place go away.. The last owner was a good man." Din was older then most humans dared get and he was good at remembering people.. The bag was heavy, 100 gold pieces in it, bulging the sides out a bit. ((I always carry roughly 1k gold in game XD))

He looked at gear quietly, thinking over the brooding tauren. He grinned. "It'll be me pleasure to questin' with ye!" He stood up, offering the tauren his arm. He thought they were a noble people and respected them almost as much as the dwarves.
    Taizen
    Taizen

Post  Taizen Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:53 am

Taizen nodded, after she finished explaining making sure to remember any details she could offer. He assumed the rest of the folks he met at the bar were going to head out in the morning with him. Not something he expected, but it didn't bother him.

"I be appreciatin' the hospitality sistah. I be happy to take em along, since he seems so formidable.", he said after appraising the large Tauren.

Taizen finished off his port, and put it back on the bar. He reached out and grabbed the copy of the key she offered him and pocketed it.

"An' t'ank you for the room payment Elf.", he muttered "Nice of ya."

He grinned somewhat before grabbing his staff, and turning to head up the stairs.

"I guess I be seein' ya in da mornin' ya?"

Taizen didn't wait for an answer before resting the staff over his shoulder, the shrunken heads dangling behind his head, and climbing the steps. One of the heads opened its eyes, watching the room as he left. Taizen found his room, and locked the door behind him. Now only a few more things needed to be done, for his work for today to be finished. Sitting in the middle of the floor he reached into one of his pouches, pulling out a small round object wrapped in a black cloth. Putting the object in the center of his right palm, he slowly unwrapped it with his left. It revealed a glowing purple stone, that responded strongly to his presence.

"Moddah?"
    Elsie
    Elsie

Post  Elsie Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:06 am

A moment or two passed, then loud and echoing came:
    "TAAAAAAIII?!" A shuffling was heard, a faint voice in the background saying something urging, yet undiscernible.
    "OHMIGOSH! Mom and I were JUST talking about you!!!"
    Clementine
    Clementine

Post  Clementine Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:36 am

Clementine’s eyes widened at the large pouch of coins. There were few things in life she loved more than the sound of gold coins. Her hand danced above it, debating.
    “I’ll tell you what… Denadrill. You get my cargo and that’d be worth much more… you can have your coins back. But if you don’t come back… or if you come back with nothing, this is mine.”
    Clementine double checked the keys to make sure the troll only took the one. Then watched him ascend the stairs.

Gear bowed his head as the troll headed for the stairs, turning back to the Night Elf. “It would be an honour to accompany you, Brother Elf. We will depart in the morning. For now, I have much to finish here. May I offer you some food, Brother Elf?”

Clementine ducked past Gear going to a closet under the stairs. Swinging open the doors she grabbed three sets of linens. She turned and trudged up the stairs, her feet heavy on the wooden planking. Did the night elf know her father?? If so, did she know him? Approaching the first door, Room 2, was closed. She raised her hand to knock when she heard voices. Other than the troll she had spoken to before. They were somehow muffled, though.

Not thinking much of it, she set the folded sheets by the door and tapped lightly, hoping he’d get the point and not sleep on the plain hay mattress. Trolls are strange, though. ‘Specially creep-o, here.
    Deadlyte
    Deadlyte

Post  Deadlyte Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:18 am

Dinendal shook his head after thinking. "An honor indeed, me friend!" he smiled brightly at Gear. "However, I'm good fer food though! Some things in me back that I've been meanin' ta eat." he pulled out a bunch of different things, showing that he had a magically enchanted gigantic feast. "I'm thinkin' food is okay for now. But appreciatein' it I am! Lookin' forward to the adventure with ye, friend!"

"Keep the gold, whether we do our job or not..I'd like to see the barnacle restored.." was all he called after clem and clasped the Tauren's forearm as any of the alliance might grasp each others arms. Truly he held no bigotry for any of the other races, for either faction. They all tried to survive, to live, and he respected that. He began to pick up his things, patting the dwarfs shoulder. "Me name's Dinendal Laryllan. Call me Din or Dead" He remarked to both of them, all of them who listened.

Din had trouble with his accents bleeding into one another. He could take on the regal night elf at will, or the hard dwarves. But no matter what, when he didn't try, they bled together. He was a confusing figure at the worst of times, but a good ally at the best. He'd always been one for justice and peace, but at times, figure heads had to be brought down in order to sustain the peace of an area.. The blood rage sustained his courage and his ability to protect..

Din began to head upstairs shortly after Clem had gone up. He looked around quietly. "Which room am I ta be taken?" He smiled softly, the days energy drained from him now...but yes, he'd move on and do what he had to. He had plenty of time, blessed with his long span.. He'd make things better everywhere..or at least die tryin'.
    Taizen
    Taizen

Post  Taizen Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:04 pm

Taizen's room door opened, he looked quite distressed as he left, pausing only when he saw Clem in the hallway. He gave her a forced smile, then looked down at the linens near his feet. Picking them up he put them on his bed and came back out, closing the door behind him.

"T'ank you, I'll be back tonight."

Taizen loped down the stairs apparently hesitating to get to his destination. He left the Barnacle and ventured into Booty Bay proper. Fist he stopped at a bank and cashed in some of his notes, then traveled to a mount rental service. Picking out the only raptor there (most patrons preferred not being threatened mortal peril by their mounts)he hopped on to it and arrived at the entrance to Booty Bay. Once he was past the checkpoint, it was into Stranglethorn itself. Taizen often traveled alone, but Stranglethorn was notorious for its danger, he made sure all his eyes were open. it would be a long trip.
    Tokad Beardbellows
    Tokad Beardbellows

Post  Tokad Beardbellows Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:21 pm

Tokad Introduced himself officially after dead introduced himself. He was intrigued by the Nightelf and felt he could trust him, but decided to ignore those thoughts. It was usually for the best. Everyone in the bar seemed to vanish at once. Tokad looked around admiring the silence. He hoped off the bar stool and examined the mantel over the abandoned fire place. He grabbed a framed picture of the bar maid and beast standing in front of The Barnacle. It was sure different then. Fresh paint and you could see the smile in the two's eyes. Tokad made a grunt of sorts and put it down. He rubbed his eyes and kind of wandered a few steps to where he found a hammock of sorts. It looked to just be cargo net but it was strung up in a way that he could crawl into it. He propped himself up into it and put his pipe down. His attention was brought to the thumping of feet down the steps. The troll emerged and headed straight out the door. " Business of impurtance. Hmmmph." He grabbed a small flute from his bag and played the beginning of "The Dwarven Mist"... About half way through his hands fell to his sides. He snored in and out making the slightest tune on the flute hanging in his mouth.
    Clementine
    Clementine

Post  Clementine Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:23 pm

Clementine was startled, by Tai opening the door in her face. “Uhh, I brought you… err.. Yeah. No problem.” She blushed, having seemed like she was evesdropping. “See ya, sailor…” She watched him walk down the stairs, curious to the voices, but smart enough to not enter a room of someone like THAT.

She saw from the corner of her eye the night elf.
    “Hey, …Dexa-whatever…. What was your name again?” She put a hand to her forhead. “Here’s your sheets and stuff. Second room is yours… here’s the key” She unloaded the pile of linens into the elf’s arms, resting the key on top.

“Where’s the dwarf…?” She rolled her eyes, hearing the melody of the flute, moving into the third room. She set the linens on the bed. Turning on her heel, she headed back into the hall. This might be one of those nights. Better make something to eat… or.. drink.
    Yeah, drinking would be good.
    Deadlyte
    Deadlyte

Post  Deadlyte Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Dinendal tilted his head at the human for a moment. Her face was familiar..he didn't piece together who she was though.. He'd not been to this place in a long time. "Dinendal Laryllan." he spoke, the reflections of that regal night elf tone edging his voice. "Aye lass, but most be callin' me Deadlyte." He smiled cheerfully at her. He took all that she gave him and bowed his head low. "Be appreciatin' this I am." he winked and walked into his room quietly. The door didn't lock, he wasn't worried that much.

After a moment of silence, Dead stood there and began to unbuckle his things, the large plates of metal, the magical metal smashing none to softly against the hard floor. He let out a light noise and called out the door. "SORRY!" and began to more methodically remove the armor. Setting it aside carefully, lovingly. He rubbed certain scrapes out and set the whole thing off to the side. But his shield and axe stayed close, oh the magic that they held for him. Certain dwarven smiths could bless items in such a way that their other works would never compare to it..and his father had given him one such item..the axe. It held a couple magical properties that no other weapon his father made ever could have. It was his most valued treasure.

He made his bed quietly, smiling at how simple, but comfy it looked. It was better then the cold stone ground of the frozen north, he felt safer then he'd felt in a long time, perhaps a comfortable sleep was in store for him tonight? Perhaps he was lying to himself. Who knows.. He layed on the bed for a long while, watching the door. He hadn't locked it, but he wasn't worried enough to..he'd make short work of anyone who came in without knocking.
    Clementine
    Clementine

Post  Clementine Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Clementine trot down the steps, grabbing the end of the railing and swinging her self around the last corner. She stopped with her hands on her hips staring at the dwarf. After a moment, she shook her head and walked behind the bar. Gear emerged from the kitchen once more, looking her over, appraising the situation. Clementine leaned against a patch of wall, hand in the deep pocket of her stained apron.
    She pulled out the bag of coin and set it on the bar with purpose. Her eyes fixed on it, she pulled at one of the strings and opened the lip of the bag. A dozen or so coins spilled out and danced across the counter top. Her mouth curled in a smile, she started to laugh. Gear put a hand on her shoulder.
    “Don’t worry, miss. We’ll get things put back together soon enough.”
    “Do you think the nelf knew pops??”
    “It’s plausible, miss.”
    She let out a sigh at the end of a laugh, leaning forward to gather the coins back into the bag.
    “Gear… see if you can-“ she lifted a hand and motioned to the dwarf.
    “My thoughts, precisely.” Gear walked to the dwarf in the cargo. He extended a great hand and attempted to just…gently… push the flute out of the dwarf’s mouth….
    Tokad Beardbellows
    Tokad Beardbellows

Post  Tokad Beardbellows Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Tokad's eyes slightly parted. All he could make out was a large furry objected approaching his face. He swung his arm blindly at it and rolled off the net but his wooden leg got tangled in the netting. He landed on his shoulder and was twirling around like a stuck fish. "DRRAHHH! What Assults Ye Captain BEllOWS!!!" He quickly grabbed a sword, a dagger to a normal man, and swung wildly hitting barrels and cups; pretty much anything 3 feet around him. In a flurry of movement he cut himself free and landed on both feet. Out of breath and holding his sword at the ready. He looked up and saw the Tauren standing there. "ARE you trying tyo Fright me to deff(death) you oaf?!?!"
    Clementine
    Clementine

Post  Clementine Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:50 pm

Gear waved his large hands.
    "WOAH WOAH!!" When certain the dwarf wasn't going to stab him, he clapped a hand on his shoulder and gave a rumbling laugh.
    "There there, small brother."

Clementine watched the flailing dwarf come around.
    "Dwarves..."

She got out the bottle of amber liquid, pouring herself another shot. (or two...or five)
    She folded her arms on the bar and leaned down to rest her head on them. The liquid swished around the glass as she moved it in small circles. She could see out the window to the ocean. Strange day, she thought. Well... night, now. The stars shimmered in the waves as far as she could see.

Her thoughts traveled to the Troll who had left earlier. If it wasn't for his belongings still in the room, she'd think he wasn't coming back. Though to be in the vale at night... he just may not.
    Deadlyte
    Deadlyte

Post  Deadlyte Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:12 pm

Din pushed himself up and out of bed once he'd heard some of the commotion down stairs. He arched a brow and looked back at his armor. He shook his head, letting the long green main tumble down naturally, freed from the braid that had held it. He had his axe and then pulled his shield over his back and made for the door. Through it he stepped, the door shutting and lock being turned into place as he got ready to head down. Perhaps it would be another sleepless night.

He tossed the key onto his keyring..oh how full of magical keys it was and this so ordinary one now hang with them. He took the stairs two at a time, axe in hand before he broke the threshold into the main room of the bar.

"Aye, everything be alright down 'er?" he muttered, his glowing yellow iris' scanning the room for signs of trouble. No, he found none though. He smiled at the Tauren and noted the Dwarf. "I'd of expected nothin' different." He grinned and re-affixed his axe. He trotted to the bar and grinned at Clem. "Best to be leavin' 'em where they be layin'." he cooed softly, a memory or two springing up in the back of his mind. "Be a nasty thing when they swing axes and mallets it is. Lots of pain and destruction."

Din yawned a bit, upon closer inspection of his eyes, the elvin skin wasn't so beautiful as normally it would be. This warrior was quite used to battle...sleepless nights for that matter too, the darker bags hanging under his eyes. He'd get sleep eventually but knew better then to expect it so soon with all these new faces and people he was meeting.
    Clementine
    Clementine

Post  Clementine Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:24 pm

Clementine was on about her 6th glass of the stuff. Early morning was approaching and there as a little disappointment when she realized she wasn’t drunk. She watched Gear and the dwarf talk. Upon hearing the footsteps come down the stairs she turned to acknowledge the Elf. She went to stand, a sudden rush of the alcohol to her head made her sway. She smiled and let her head rock forward, hair falling in her face.

“woah…”
    Gear turned, concerned.
    “Miss?”

“Easy, Sailor. I still got my sea legs.” She stumbled over something unseen. She bumped into the bar, slapping both hands on the counter to steady herself. She let out a laugh, slapping a hand to her forehead and looking at Gear.

“Think you had best save some of that for later, Clem.” He motioned to the bottle. She followed his pointing finger.

“I’m not DRUNK! …jus’ wobbly.” She took a swig straight from the bottle.
    Gear walked over to where she slumped on the bar. He put a hand on her back. Clementine buried her face in her arms a moment. Then was leaning back. She threw an arm around Gears waist and started to sing.

“Heel yo ho boys, Let her go, boys
    Heave her head ‘round into the weather
    Hill you ho, boys, let her go, boys
    Sailing homeward to Booty Bay…”
    Deadlyte
    Deadlyte

Post  Deadlyte Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:59 pm

Din's eye brows arched quite a bit upon Clementine's sudden outburst of song. He listened quietly and smiled through it. "Aye, a lovely tune," he said softly. He'd stood to jump over the bar and catch Clem if she'd lost her balance, but when she'd caught herself, he hesitantly sat back down. "Aye lass, you've 'ad a bit much." He winked, nodding to gear.

Truth be told, the Night elf wasn't to sure how to handle women. He wasn't used to being a gentle being. Dwarven anvils and bloodrage... Gentle was not normally a vast part of his nature. Sure, he could show affection, he could nurture, and he could show compassion; these things were as much apart of him as his lust to protect and fight, but he wasn't sure how to handle women. They..well, some were fragile. Clem didn't strike him as fragile though, rather tough if at the least. Maybe the alliance had a shot of winning any sort of battles if they had more people with her fire.

"It's almost mornin'! How come you've not found your beds?" He ask curiously as he looked at Gear and Clem.
    Tokad Beardbellows
    Tokad Beardbellows

Post  Tokad Beardbellows Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:41 pm

Tokad sat back in his hammock slowly rocking listening to all the commotion. He had been on the sea for many months with nothing but his parrot for company, which he just realized he hasn't seen since his boat ran into the dock. No worries, his bird was cursed and could handle itself. Though everyone else who has seen the bird sees it as normal, but Tokad insists its cursed. There is no proof of either claim. He took a swig from his flask.

It was early morning. The sun barely peeking its head into the Bay. Tokad's favorite time of the day. Calm, before the shops open and the boats arrive. He didn't know what awaited him during the day, but he knew right now he didn't have to think about it. He took another swig from the flask. He looked over at the bartender and he always appreciated a woman who could hold her liquor this early in the day.

His ears perked up to the bar keeps song. His cheeks went flush and his old scowl turned into a bit of a smile. He lept off the net and climbed onto a nearby barrel in the back of the bar.

He cleared his throat, and with a deep growling over powering voice joined in the song:

"Wives be waiting, by the pier head,
    Or looking seaward, from the heather;
    Pull 'er round, boys, then you'll anchor
    'Ere the sun sets on Booty Bay!!!!"

He jumped off the barrel and went up to the bar to finish the chorus with the Bartender. He handed her his flask. There is a reason they call it "Dwarven gut lacquer"
    Clementine
    Clementine

Post  Clementine Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:16 pm

Clementine slapped a hand to the bar as Tokad joined in with her. She threw her other arm around Gear and started to try to sway him with her as they sang. He begrudgingly complied. With a sigh, he smiled and rolled his eyes towards the thankfully sober Dinendal.

“Ships retuuuuurn now, heeeeeavy ladennnn-“ The two went on through the verses and chorus.
    “Best let it happen, brother elf. She won’t stop until the song ends…”
    “Heeeeeel yo HO BOYS! Leeeeeet her gooooo BOYS-“

This seemed to go on for quite some time and before much time had passed, both Clementine and Tokad sat swaying on the bar, passing the flask between them.

Gear leaned his back against the wall, watching the two. He couldn’t help but hum along. Anyone who had ever been a sailor knew that song. He thought back to the times when he too thought he would sail into the sunset of old age. But it wasn’t sailing that he loved. It was the people, really. He loved nothing more than seeing what the different lands of Azeroth stirred up. But it wasn’t a hard choice when his ship had washed ashore and it was Captain Vegard that pulled him out of the waters. Well… at least that was when he was still a Captain. Just opening the Barnacle, then. He cracked another smile when he remembered seeing the small girl with brown hair peek around the corner at him.
    Things had sure changed…

Clem looked back at him over her shoulder and smiled, still singing…

“They'll return, though, when the sun sets
    They'll return to Booty Baaaaay”
    Deadlyte
    Deadlyte

Post  Deadlyte Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:14 pm

Dinendal stood after seeing the group and nodded quietly, a smile apparent on his face. He didn't have his things beyond his belt and the magical pouches, other then his axe and his shield. The etched shield squared on his back. "Aye, my friends. I'll return.." He turned and walked toward the door, not so much as bothering a glance back at the three singing/humming beings. His hand shot up and he waved at them. once through the threshold of the building, he shut the door behind him and strode down the creaking planks.

He remembered this place quite openly. He was of course Bloodsail Admiral Deadlyte, but he was also Deadlyte the Insane... The goblins wouldn't attack him, they knew his reputation well, they knew his tenacity and they knew the things he'd done for them at other times. He walked toward the bank quietly and watched the lapping water. He felt somewhat calm as he moved along the wooden walkway.. "Aye, been a long while, been a long while indeed. Captain Vegard, I'm sorry I caused this place so much pain." He remembered the man who'd given him his sea legs, who'd taken him in and given him so very much, even when the goblins had wanted him dead.

The captain had given him specific instructions for redemption and he'd never forget that. He'd never forget Booty Bay for as long as he lived, and he knew how long that potentially was.. A sad existence.. He outlived everyone he grew close to, even the proud dwarves. "Thank the stone that I'll keep a keen memory at least.."

He took a seat at the edge of the water and watched the sun as it came up with the dawn.
    Sneak

Post  Sneak Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:02 pm

The gryphon cooed into the air as they soared toward Booty Bay. "Vacation.." he echoed lightly. A few moments passed as he stroked the birds head fur. He leaned in close and let out a soft coo into the birds ear, mimicking the noise it made carefully.

As it neared the landing platform of Booty Bay, the gryphon let out a shrill squawk to sound it's arrival, the light flapping as it began it's free fall decent that Sylvos had forced it into. The bird plummeted quickly toward the landing platform. The goblins and Dwarf flight master began to run around quickly. They were afraid of a crash, no, not just afraid! In awe as the large bird suddenly pulled up, wings spread full as it caught the air, stopping almost mid fall and hovering a second before it touched down with a light click of it's talons.

Sylvos patted it's head, rubbing the fur/feathers down again where he'd yanked suddenly.

"Good.." he cooed into it's ear and grinned at the small creatures.. He began to move toward the entrance to the city. He couldn't help but smile the whole while. His hands rested on daggers gently as he walked along the docks. He tilted his head for a moment, letting the green tendrils fall to either side of his head. The finger grips on his weapons began to glow under his grip. He stopped after a moment, noticing two of the Booty Bay security, the bruisers, talking. He walked past their view and waited a moment till he was out of their minds. He was sure that the bruisers were used to people coming and going daily.

"This'll be fun" He thought silently to himself as he slipped into the shadows. The innate ability to go invisible seeming to factor in quite a bit as he just grinned, the one yellow eye slipping away last into invisibility.

He turned, creeping back along the passage way slowly, toward the two talking guards.

The two spoke happily, easily. But goblin A frowned suddenly when his friend goblin B stopped speaking suddenly, a dazed look on his face. "You alright buddy?" He said in a squeaky voice, his head falling to a side in confusion. There was a brief moment of pause before a deep gurgle as blood began to pour out of his mouth and throat. Sylvos stood behind the goblin quietly, gripping a dagger tightly. A grin was upon his face.

The other Goblin however, looked on in suspended horror as his friend fell to the ground in a great dead heap. He then let out a shrill scream.

Killer was impressed that such a silly creature could break the power of the sap ability he'd been taught by the rogue teachers. He lashed out with the speed only a rogue could muster and slid the sharpened blade of his second dagger into the little goblin's tunic and up through his rips. The tip of the blade pierced into the little creatures heart and then was gone as though it had never happened..the goblin fell, dead.
    Tokad Beardbellows
    Tokad Beardbellows

Post  Tokad Beardbellows Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:13 am

Tokad continued singing boisterously and Drinking large gulps of the liqueur. The only thing bringing his guard down was the flask. He was a dwarf, so he was naturally a pain in the ass.

"They'll return to Booty Baaaaay" he slapped his hand down on the bar table and let out a hearty laugh. " Why I hadn't hurd that song in ages!" He said to the bar maid " How a young lady knows such a song is a s'prise to meh." The song almost seemed to be a password to his good side. "We'll I would like to Introduce meself" he spit into his good hand and wiped it onto his knitted beard, and put it out to shake to the maid "Toooookad Beardbellows, Captain of the Drangia of the seas and privateer for the betterment of my coin purse!" He tipped his head a bit.

He made a fist and put it on the table and rested his weight on it. He leaned in to make sure Clementine heard him " I believe yer supplies are still missing, I offer myself to go retrieve it. I offer my pistol and my keen eye (it slightly twitched at the word) in return just fill up me flask and some grub, thats not to much to ask for with life risking and all." He gave a slight shrug.
    Elsie
    Elsie

Post  Elsie Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Elsie put one foot in front of the other. It was laborious. Every once in a while her head would bob over, hair falling into her face. She'd snap her head up again, looking around, blinking wildly to keep her eyes open. A few times she tempted a
    "How much further?"

She would sigh, and huff as they moved slowly along. And before long they were approaching the gaping mouth of the entrance to the Bay. She couldn't help but quirk a brow at the large jaw and red wood that lined the cavern. Emerging out the otherside gave her her first look at the beach. She let the remnants of a smile just barely tug at the sides of her mouth. She must have been a sight. Covered in blood and mud head to toe. It wasn't exactly the first impression she had been planning on. They meandered down the wooden walkways going to some destination unknown. Elsie just followed her brother, but it was hard to tear her eyes from the shimmering sea.

When they finally stopped at the crusty salt stained inn, Elsie made a face.
    "What... what is this?"

It wasn't exactly what she had pictured. She yearned for cute ship-like buildings with bright white polished walls and thick glass port holes. THIS was just a rickety old wood...gross...thing. She hoped this wasn't where they were staying. Her eyes drifted to the small hanging sign.
    "The Stubbo-Oh no... Is THIS where you're staying?!"

Elsie threw a look at her brother. She knew he didn't have the cash for much nicer... but really. REALLY. All he had to do was ask and their parents would toss him the cash.
    Gipnig
    Gipnig

Post  Gipnig Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:52 pm

Gipnig breathed in deep when they passed into Booty Bay. He could already feel the salt making his leathers sticky and crusty. It was the smell of opportunity... and dead fish. Gipnig sniffed as the passes a couple of wrinkled sailors gutting their catches on long wooden blocks.

Berny swayed from side to side, stepping lightly on the old wooden docks, which creaked ominously under his weight with every step. Gipnig swayed along with the flamboyant fireworks strapped to Berny's back, sitting on top of the bear's head like a tiny emperor surveying his domain. Gipnig looked around, enjoying the familiar sights and thinking about which vendors to hit first and where. The alchemist was a must, he might be able to get something on credit and he needed copper, and powder. He was out of bombs and dynamite, so none the ship captains would be interested in buying, not many had an interest in fireworks of dancing butterflies and the ones that did Gipnig liked to stay clear of. They made him nervous.

He was thinking about setting up a booth when Berny took a sharp and unexpected left turn. Gipnig nearly fell out of his seat. He cursed and grabbed the leather straps around Berny's ears, righting himself.

“Where do ya think you're going?” he asked sharply, glaring down at Berny's tufted fur. “The market's THAT way,” he pointed imperiously in the other direction. Berny ignored him and kept trundling along, and it was only then that Gipnig looked up (leaving his self induced haze of economic euphoria) and noticed that Berny was still following the two trolls they'd met in the Vale. Taizen lead them through a maze of twisted streets, rickety, rotting taverns lining the way.

“Oh fer ...” Gipnig trailed off in a stream of whispered swearing. “They're fine.” He told the bear. “See, Taizen's hardly limping at all and we need... I need,” he looked longingly at a street filled with sailors and merchants crying wares and clinking gold, that Berny passed by.

“oh bugger it.” Gipnig grumbled, propping his elbow on Berny's head, and his chin in his hand. “you'll pay fer this later.” Gipnig warned the Bear. Berny huffed and followed Taizen and Elsie to a tavern, nosing the sign “The Stubborn Barnacle.”

“Nice place,” Gipnig called to Tazien, eyeing the creaking door. Then he said to Berny, “Ah don't think you'll fit in there.”

Berny moaned dejectedly and turned watery eyes on the two trolls.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:16 pm